Professor of Spanish
- Fall 2015-present, Professor of Spanish, Lynchburg College
- Fall 2006-Spring 2015, Associate Professor of Spanish, Lynchburg College
- Summers 2004, 2006, 2007, Instructor, ESL Teacher Certificate Program in Ecuador, Juniata College
- Fall 2004-Spring 2006, Visiting Instructor, Dept. of Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese, University of Virginia
- Fall 2000-Spring 2004, Assistant Professor, Department of World Languages and Cultures, Juniata College
- Fall 1999-Spring 2000, Instructor, Department of World Languages and Cultures, Juniata College
- PhD, Spanish Applied Linguistics – The Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- MA, Spanish Literature and Linguistics – University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
- BS, Spanish and Secondary Education – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, 1993
- (In preparation). “Kaqchikel in San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala: Language Shift or Language Maintenance?”
- 2017: (with A. Dings) “Faculty, Student and Alumni Perceptions of the Undergraduate Spanish Major Curriculum.” Foreign Language Annals, 50: 697-716.
- 2016: (with S. Harrington) El cine documental: Spanish language and culture through documentary film. Focus/Hackett Publishing.
- 2015: (with S. Harrington) “Promoting Cultural and Linguistic Competence with Documentary Film in Spanish.” Hispania, 98: 549-569.
- 2014: (with A. Dings) “The Undergraduate Spanish Major Curriculum: Realities and Faculty Perceptions.” Foreign Language Annals, 47: 546-568.
- 2013: (with S. Harrington) Relaciónate: Comunicación avanzada. Boston: Heinle Cengage.
- 2012: Review of L2 Interactional Competence and Development. The Modern Language Journal, 96: 468-69.
- 2009: (with G. Sunderman) Student Attitudes toward Native and Non-Native Language Instructors. Foreign Language Annals, 42: 469-483.
- 2009: Review of Tesoros: Curso multimedia de español en DVD-ROM. CALICO Journal, 26(2): 439-447.
- 2008: In the Classroom: Using Intercultural Exchanges to Promote Culture and Language Learning. The Language Educator, 3 (2): 54-57.
- 2007: Review of Professional Development for Language Teachers: Strategies for Teacher Learning. The Modern Language Journal, 91: 134-35.
- 2003: Lexical and Discourse Factors in the L2 Acquisition of Spanish Word Order. Second Language Research, 19: 273-304.
- 2003: Using an E-mail Exchange to Promote Cultural Learning. Foreign Language Annals, 36: 386-96.
- 2002: An Intercultural E-mail Exchange: Student Attitudes and Perceptions. Juniata Voices. Huntingdon, PA: Juniata College Press.
- 2000: (with S. Harrington) Foreign Language Methods: Students’ Belief about Language Learning and Teaching. Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education. Fall 2000.
- 2000: (with J. Zachman, & A. Wolff) Spanish for Life Worktext. Boston: Heinle and Heinle.
- 1999: (with A. T. Perez-Leroux, A. M. Scott, V. Kellar, & W. R. Glass) Sources of Knowledge in Second Language Acquisition: Spanish Subject Pronouns in Ellipsis Contexts. Spanish Applied Linguistics, 3: 33-63.
- Spanish Linguistics
- Elementary, Intermediate Spanish
- Advanced Language Practice
- Teaching Language and Culture through Spanish Language Documentary Film
- Latin American Culture
- Methods for Foreign Language Education
- Theories of Second Language Acquisition