Assistant Professor of Spanish
- 2019-present: Assistant Professor of Spanish, University of Lynchburg
- 2015-2019: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Pennsylvania State University
- 2017, 2019: Co-Director Study Abroad in Ronda, Spain, Pennsylvania State University
- PhD, Spanish Literature, Pennsylvania State University, 2019
- MA, Spanish Literature, Pennsylvania State University, 2016
- MA, Spanish, Middlebury College, 2013
- BA, Spanish and Adolescent Education, Saint John Fisher College, 2010
Peer Reviewed Articles
- “The Landscape of Pío Baroja’s Madrid: The Search for Meaning in La busca (1904).” Cincinnati Romance Review 43 (2017): 35-51.
- In preparation: “Darío de Regoyos as authorial voice in España negra (1899).”
- “Herrero Senés, Juan. Mensajeros de un tiempo nuevo: Modernidad y nihilismo en la literatura de vanguardia (1918-1936).” Poéticas: Revista de estudios literarios 5 (2017): 89-93.
- “Critique in Motion: The Romería de San Isidro as Modern Literary and Artistic Subject.” The South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA) 91. Atlanta, Georgia. November 15-17, 2019.
- “‘Yo quiero que temáis y respetéis a estos hombres’: Azorín’s Defense of the Andalusian Farmer and of the pueblo in La Andalucía trágica (1905).” The South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA) 90. Birmingham, Alabama. November 4, 2018.
- “Darío de Regoyos’s España negra (1899): An Artist’s Retrospective Analysis.” The 49th Annual Conference of the Association for Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies (ASPHS). Portland State University. April 6, 2018.
- “José Gutiérrez Solana’s Dystopic Spain: Looking Through Gray-Colored Glasses in Twentieth-Century Travel Narrative.” The 88th South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA) 88. Jacksonville, Florida. November 5, 2016.
- “El calesero de Landaluze: Curioso tipo cubano en la literatura y el arte.” The 1st Race in the Americas (RITA) Graduate Student Conference. Penn State. April 26, 2016.
- “José Gutiérrez-Solana: Seeing the Truth Artistically in La España Negra.” The 69th Kentucky Foreign Language Conference (KFLC). The University of Kentucky. April 14, 2016.
- “Griselda Gambaro’s Información para extranjeros as ‘Open Work’: The ‘Openness’ of Interpretation and Reproducibility.” The 21st Carolina Conference for Romance Studies (CCRS): Taste & Text(ure). The University of North Caroline at Chapel Hill. April 1, 2016.
Honors, Awards, and Grants
- Denise Haunani Solomon Outstanding Teaching Award, Penn State: 2019
- Center for Humanities and Information Digital Humanities Training Grant, Penn State: 2018, 2019
- Edwin Erle Sparks Graduate Fellowship, Penn State: 2018
- LeClaire B. Watts Endowed Graduate Scholarship in Romance Languages, Penn State: 2018
- Spanish, Italian & Portuguese Grad Student Organization Award, Penn State: 2015, 2017, 2018
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching for Spanish Graduate TAs, Penn State: 2017, 2018
- Lyday/Peavler Graduate Student Enhancement Award for Research Support, Penn State: 2017
- The Jesús Díaz Award for Departmental Service and Scholarly Excellence, Penn State: 2017
- University of Virginia Valencia Campus Summer Research Grant, Penn State: 2016
- Sigma Delta Pi, Spanish Honor Society, Middlebury College: 2013
- First Generation Scholarship, St. John Fisher College: 2006-2010
- Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, St. John Fisher College: 2010
- Alpha Mu Gamma, Spanish Honor Society, St. John Fisher College: 2010
Research and Teaching Interests
- 19th and 20th century Spanish literature and art
- Spanish modernism
- Intersections of space, movement, and national identity
- Modernist painter-authors
- Travel writing
- The city and urban space
- History and culture of Spain
- Spanish language
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA)
- Association for Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies (ASPHS)