Adjunct Instructor of Sociology
- Master of Social Work, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa., 2005
- BS, Interdisciplinary Social Science and BS, Social Work, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va., 2003
- 2009-Present: Faculty, Family Violence Course, Centra Faith Community Nurse Certification, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2001-2002: Teaching Assistant, Social Work Research Methods, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.
Social Work Experience
- 2013-Present: Director of Housing Services and Homeless System Coordinator, Miriam’s House, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2009-2013: Women’s and Children’s Services Social Worker, Centra Health, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2006-2008: Program Associate for Criminal and Juvenile Justice, Human Rights & Global Security, Public Welfare Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- 2004-2005: Planning and Development Graduate Intern, Philadelphia Workforce Development Corp., Philadelphia, Pa.
- 2003-2004: Children’s Services Coordinator, First Step, Inc., Harrisonburg, Va.
Boards and Committees
- 2016-Present: Board Member and Secretary, Community Access Network
- 2013-2015: Board Member, Lynchburg Area Food Council
- 2009-2013: Member, Centra Health Ethics Committee
Training and Certifications
- 2016 Certification in SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery Training, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- 2009 Certification in Women and Substance Use Disorders, Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network, SAMHSA