Adjunct Instructor of Religious Studies
- 2016-present, Adjunct Instructor of Religious Studies, University of Lynchburg
- 2014-present, Profesor Eneritus of Religion, Hampden-Sydney College
- 1992-2014, Professor of Religion (Elliott Professor 2010-2013), Hampden-Sydney College
- 1996-2000, Associate Dean for Academic Support, Hampden-Sydney College
- 1985-1992, Associate Professor of Religion, Hampden-Sydney College
- 1982-1984, Assistant Professor of Religion, Hampden-Sydney College
- PhD, History of Religions/Asian Religions – Fordham University, 1979
- MBA, Computer Science/ Management Information Systems – Boston College, 1983
- MA, Fordham University, 1973
- STB, Theology and Scripture – Gregorian University, Rome, 1968
- BA, Philosophy – Cathedral College, 1966
- “Conference Report: Spirit in the World 2-Affinnation/Renunciation A Vaishnava-Christian Dialogue,” ISKCON Communications Journal 8 (June 2000).
- “The Challenge of our Mission-Student Success… and Retention,” Hampden-Sydney Record (Winter 2000), 9-12.
- “A Time for Conversion: Cross and Charism,” article syndicated through Catholic News Service (October 1999).
- “Conference Report: Spirit in the World-Affirmation/Renunciation A Vaishnava-Christian Dialogue,” ISKCON Communications Journal 7 (December 1999), 84-86.
- Chapter on “Hinduism” and Appendices on “Jainism” and “Sikhism” in Roger Schmidt, ed., Patterns of Religion (Belmont CA: Wadsworth ITP, 1999), 206-277,651-657.
- “Baba Premananda Bharati (1857-1914), An Early Twentieth-Century Encounter of Vaishnava Devotion with American Culture: A Comparative Study,” Journal of Vaishnava Studies 6 (Spring 1998), 161-188.
- “Entering the Dynamics of Vaishnava Devotion: The Inset Play in Act III of Kavikarnapnra’s Caitanyacandrodaya,” Journal ofVaishnava Studies 5 (Winter 1996-1997), 53-64.
- “Christophany: The Christie Principle and Pluralism,” in Joseph Prabhu, ed., The Intercultural Challenge ofRaimon Panikkar (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis, 1996), 131-144.
- “Caitanya in Vraja: Another Construction,” Journal ofVaishnava Studies 1(1992): 134-145.
- “Rasa Theology,” in Steven Rosen, ed., Vaishnavism: Contemporary Scholars Discuss the GaudivaTradition (New York: FOLK Books, 1992): 295-303.
- “Kim and Jim: Two Images of Indian Religion and Culture during the Colonial Period,” in Annals of the Southeast Conference of Asian Studies (1989).
- “Caitanya and His Mother Saci Discuss Sannvasa: A Note on Kavikarnapura’s Caitanyacandrodava 4.1,” in Tony K. Stewart, ed., Shaping Bengali World: Public and Private (East Lansing: Michigan State University, 1989).
- “The Erotic Mysticism of Caitanya,” Journal of Dharma 4(1979), 169-177.
- Participation, TBA, SEC/AAS Regional AAS Meeting [James Madison University], January 2016. Panel Presentation, “ISKCON and Interfaith Dialogue” in Panel “ISKCON in Encounter.” Conference on “Fifty Years of the Hare Krishna Movement: Identity and Impact,” Cambridge [Harvard CSWR], April 2016.
- Co-Presenter, with Abbot James Wiseman OSB, “Pathways of Christian Prayer in Monastic and Lay Life,” Vaishnava-Christian Dialogue, Bethesda MD, April2015.
- Panel Presentation, “Baba Premananda Bharati: A Trajectory Into and Through Bengal Vaishnavism to the West” at the seminar “Bengal Vaislmavism in the Modem Period” sponsored by the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, Oxford, March 2015.
- “Keshi Ghat: Transformation of a Pilgrimage Site,” SEC/AAS Regional AAS Meeting, University of Virginia, January 2015.
- Discussant, “The Divine Mother in Hinduism and Christianity,” Vaishnava-Christian Dialogue [Bethesda, MD], March 2014.
- “Temple Moneychangers Revisited,” SEC/AAS Regional AAS Meeting [Duke University NC], January 2014.
- Keynote Paper, “The Divine Name in Jewish and Christian Tradition,” Vaishnava-Christian Dialogue, Bethesda MD, April 2013.
- Panel Participant, “The Vraja Context for A. Whitney Sanford’s Growing Stories from India: Religion and the Fate of Agriculture (Lexington KY: University Press of Kentucky, 2012), SECSOR/Regional AAR Meeting, Greenville SC, March 2013.
- “Cultivating the Heart, Entering the Heart of Tradition,” on Panel “Teaching Asian Traditions,” SEC/AAS Regional AAS Meeting, UNC-Wilmington, January 2013.
- “A Tale of Two Disciples: Rose Reinhardt Anthon and Maud Lalita Johnson,” DANAM Conference, Chicago, November 2012.