Associate Professor of Psychological Science
After completing an internship in Child and Adolescent Psychology at the University of Rochester, Dr. Favero completed a 2 year post-doctoral fellowship in family therapy. During that time she obtained her license in psychology and was the chief psychology fellow at the University of Rochester. She then relocated to Virginia and began practicing psychology and teaching. Dr. Favero has taught classes for graduate and undergraduate students and has supervised psychology doctoral students.
- PsyD – Virginia Consortium Program-in Clinical Psychology
- BS, Psychology – The College of William and Mary, 1998
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the state of Virginia
Publications and Presentations
- Getz, H., Favero, B., and Favero, D. (2000). A Recent Look at Peer Helper Training. Peer Helper Quarterly, 17 (3), 68-75.
- Favero, D., and Steider, A. (2004). [Review of the book Family Therapy as an Alternative to Medication: An Appraisal of Pharmland. New York]. The Family Psychologist, 20 (2), 25-26.
- Marciano, A. and Favero, D. (2012, May). Psychological Adjustment and Behavioral Tendencies Associated with Facebook Preoccupation. Poster Session. Association for Psychological Science Annual Convention. Chicago, Il.
- Favero, D. (2010). Diagnosing Autism in Toddlers and Preschoolers. Virginia Psychological Association. Virginia Beach, VA
- Favero, D. (2008). Diagnostic Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism Symposium. Lynchburg, VA.
- Blount, A., Pakpreo, P., and Favero, D. (2004). Collaborative practice as the fundamental vehicle for clinical teaching of behavioral science. The 24th Annual STFM Conference on Families and Health, Amelia Island, FL.
- Watson, W., Favero, D., Grossman, N., Stanton, M. (2003). Supervision, the Self, and the System: A Conversation Hour About Training. American Psychological Association Annual Convention, Toronto, ON.
- Favero, D. (2000, August). Integrating Family Therapy, Practice and Research. Paper presentation. Annual Meeting of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.
- Ventis, L. W. and Favero, D. (2000, March). Religion. Poster session. Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Psychological Association. New Orleans, LA.
- Getz, H., Favero, B., and Favero, D. (1999, September). An Evaluation of a Peer Helper Program. Paper presentation. Annual meeting of the Virginia Counseling Association, Williamsburg, VA.
- Favero, D. (1999, April). The Relationship between the Pursuer/Distancer Pattern and Gender among College Students. Paper presentation. Virginia Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Virginia Beach, VA.
- American Psychological Society
- Virginia Psychological Association
- General Psychology
- Child Psychopathology
- Lifespan Development
- Abnormal Behavior
- Theories of Personality
Dr. Favero’s current research interests include parenting and social media use. She has recently co-authored a book on personality theories which will be published in 2019. Her clinical work includes assessment and therapy, with an emphasis on children and adolescents.