Assistant Professor of Nursing
Joanne Newton joined the LC faculty in 2012, after a busy and rewarding 36-year emergency nursing career. She brings a commitment to excellence in patient care and a lifetime of experiential nursing knowledge, which she is excited to share with students.
- MSN Nurse Educator – Lynchburg College, 2011
- Certified Emergency Nurse
- Enrolled in EdD Leadership Studies Program, Lynchburg College
- Dissertation research topic: “Flight Nurses’ Narratives of Traumatic Patient Care Events: Why Do They Stay?”, a study of compassion fatigue resilience in advanced nursing practice.
- Current research project: Nurse Educator Orientation/Leadership Development
- Emergency nursing
- Community health