Sometimes people assume that it’s hard to find work in the arts. That’s simply not true for University of Lynchburg music graduates! In addition to finding jobs after graduation, 40% of our graduates decide to go to graduate school.
Take a look at what they’re doing.
In the past six years, our grads have earned teaching positions in these schools, among others:
- Amherst County Public Schools, Va. (2)
- Bridgeport Public Schools, Conn.
- Campbell County Public Schools, Va.
- Charles County Public Schools, Md.
- Chelsea School, Md.
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Va.
Our graduates also hold these jobs:
- Music Director, Mulan Children’s Choir, Tianjin, China
- Co-owner of Track Major Productions, LLC
- United States Army Band
- Adjunct music instructors (University of Lynchburg; Post University, Conn.)
- Instrumental repair technician
- Church – Director of Music/Music Minister (2)
- Private studio teachers
- Arts management (University of Lynchburg)
- Symphony orchestra musicians (Lynchburg, Va. and Tidewater, Va.)
- Composers of musicals, cantatas, and anthems (2)
They attend or have attended graduate school:
- University of Lynchburg
- Liberty University, Va.
- James Madison University, Va.
- Hollins University, Va.
- Yale University, Conn.
- North Carolina School of the Arts, N.C.
- Towson State University, Md.
- Westminster Choir College, N.J.
- Penn State University, Pa.
- Morgan State University, Md.
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, N.C.
- Post University, Conn.
- Oxford University, England