Assistant Professor of Marketing
- 2009–2016, Assistant Professor of Marketing, School of Business, Howard University
- 2008–2009, Visiting Assistant Professor of Marketing, School of Business, The George Washington University
- 2007–2008, Visiting Associate Professor of Marketing, School of Management, Dalian University of Technology
- 2006–2007, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Bryant University, Smithfield, RI
- 2003–2006, Assistant Professor of Marketing, SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta, NY
- PhD in Management/Marketing – University of California, Irvine, June 2003
- Graduate course work – Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada, 1996-1997
- MS in Economics – Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, Dalian, LN, PR China, 1991
- BS in Management Engineering – Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, HLJ, PR China, 1998
Other Work Experience
- 2013- present, Global Marketing Consultant, Shenzhen Riland Industries Co., Ltd.
- 1993-1996, Sales and Marketing Manager, Beijing Meadow Gold Foods Co., Ltd., Beijing, China
- 1991-1993, Sales Representative and Production Supervisor, Hanson International Optical Co., Ltd, Zhuhai, Guangdong, China
- D’Rozario, Denver & Guang Yang, (2015) “A Comprehensive Typology of Ethnic Identities, with Implications for Marketing and Public‐policy,” in press at the Journal of Public Policy & Marketing.
- D’Rozario, Denver., & Guang Yang. (2014) “The Effect of CSII on Armenian‐Americans’ Pre‐ purchase Information‐Search Tendencies,” International Journal of Marketing Studies, Vol. 6(5), 52‐62.
- Yang, Guang, Wang Rishuang (2013) “The Institutionalization of an Electronic Marketplace in China: 1998‐2010,” Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 30(1), 96‐109.
- Yang, Guang (2012). “Analyzing Computer Mediated Buyer‐Seller Negotiations: An Application of Social Presence Theory,” International Journal of Marketing & Business Communication. Vo. 1(4), 25‐34.
- D’Rozario, Denver & Yang, Guang (2012) “The Effect of Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence on the Pre‐purchase External Information‐Search Tendencies of Chinese‐Americans,” International Journal of China Marketing, Vol. 3(1). 120‐141.
- Yang, Guang, (2010) “Cross‐cultural Comparison of the Processes and Outcomes of Buyer‐ Seller Negotiations through Instant Messaging: Americans vs. Hong Kong,” Innovative Marketing, Vol. 6 (3), 94‐102.
- Yang, Guang and Yijie Liu (2010) “Customer Need Refinement for the Development of ‘Growth Assistant’ Software,” Journal of Management Case Studies, Vol. 3(2) 162‐174 (In Chinese).
- Lee, Kam‐hon, Guang Yang, and John Graham (2006), “Tension and Trust in International Business Negotiations: American Executives Negotiating with Chinese Executives,” Journal of International Business Studies. Vol. 37(5), page 623‐641.
- International Educator Conference/International Business Academy (2014), Washington DC. Proceedings: Yang, Guang and Ruixue Zhang, “Binding or Bonding: the frailty of consumer brand connections.”
- Competing in China (2013): Local Firms, Multinationals, and Alliances: A research conference sponsored by the George Mason University School of Management:
Ancheng Pan & Guang Yang ‐ Social Loafing and Group Creativity: An Exploratory Case Study in China
Ruixue Zhang & Guang Yang, Howard University ‐ Consumer Bonding Orientation in China: The Construct and Research Propositions
- Yang, Guang (2009) “Perceived Discrepancy of Interpersonal and Inter‐firm Buyer‐ Supplier Relationships and its Impact on Buyer Satisfaction and Sales Performance in China,” Presented at AMA 2009 Summer Educators’ Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Dong, Da‐hai, Rui‐xue Zhang & Guang Yang (2009). A Reexamination and Extension of Customer Bonding Tactics in B2C E‐Commerce Industry. In Management and Service Science, Sep. 2009. MASS’09. International Conference on (pp. 1‐4). IEEE.
- Yang, Guang, John Graham and Kam‐hon Lee (2002) “Antecedents of Tension in International Marketing Negotiations,” AMA 2002 Winter Educators’ Conference Proceedings, Austin, Texas.
- Summer Research Awards, School of Business, Howard University, 2009‐2011, 2013
- Fellowship, Graduate School of Management, University of California, Irvine, 1997‐2001
- AMA Consortium Fellow, University of Miami, Coral Gable, FL, June 2001
- Member, American Marketing Association, 1997-present
- Member, Academy of Management, 2009‐2010
- Member, The International Association of Conflict Management, 2004‐2007
- International Marketing
- Internet Marketing in China
- Consumer susceptibility to Interpersonal influence
- Sales influence tactics and negotiations across cultures Ethnic identity