Assistant Professor of Management
- Spring 2014 – Fall 2015, University of Miami
- PhD in Operations Management – University of Miami, Florida
- MS in International Economics – Nankai University, China
- BS in International Economics – Nankai University, China
- Liu, Z., I. Altman, & T.G. Johnson (2014). The Feasibility of Co-Firing Biomass for Electricity in Missouri. Biomass and Bioenergy, 69(Oct.):12-20.
- Robinson, D. P. & Z. Liu (2006). The Effects of Inter-regional Trade Flow Estimating Procedures on Multi-regional Social Accounting Matrix Multipliers. Journal of Regional Analysis & Policy, 36(1), 94-114.
- Improving Innovation Performance in Professional Service Outsourcing—A Contingency Analysis in Emerging Market, with Vaidy Jayaraman, Yadong Luo. Revised and resubmitted to Decision Science Journal, 2nd round.
- Aligning Governance Mechanisms with Task Characteristics to Improve Service Capabilities—An Empirical Study of Professional Service Outsourcing in an Emerging Market.Submitted to Journal of Operations Management, under review, with Vaidy Jayaraman, Yadong Luo.
- Cross-Lagged Relationships between Environmental Performance and Economic Performance —A Multilevel Longitudinal Analysis, with Guangrui Guo, Vaidy Jayaraman (target Journal: Management Science; expected submission date: December, 2015).
Honors, Awards, and Grants
- Logi Romero-Simpson Graduate Student Outstanding Teaching Award (2015)
- School of Business Administration Scholarship, University of Miami
- Graduate Research Assistantship, University of Missouri-Columbia
- First Prize – Graduate Student Research, Nankai University, China
- Operations Management
- Business Analytics
- Statistics for Business & Economics
- Lean Operations & Sustainable Supply Chain
- Operations Strategy
- Sustainable & Green Operations
- Multi-level Modeling
Dr. Liu loves spending time with his family. He also enjoys reading, fishing and home improvement projects.