Bonjour! French is spoken by 200 million people in 50 countries and is a language of international diplomacy and communication. Studying a language unlocks a door to different people, cultures, values, and ways of thinking.
You can minor in French or take classes to fulfill the language and intercultural competence requirement, as part of the DELL General Education Program.
What Will I Study?
Your classes will focus on language learning and practice, conversation, writing, culture, and literature.
What better way to learn French than by living and learning in a French-speaking country? Lynchburg students study abroad at Laval University in Quebec, or in France or another French-speaking country.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
You will be prepared for graduate study or a job in many interesting fields:
- Translating and interpreting
- Travel and food industries
- Government service and international diplomacy
- Medical services
- Fine arts
- International business
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Teacher, Pittsylvania County Schools
- Targeter, Integra Systems
- Budget Analyst, U.S. Department of State
- French Teacher, Holy Cross Regional Catholic School
Pedro Larrea Rubio, PhD
Associate Professor of Spanish