The Research Class, EXPH450, is a senior level class designed to give you knowledge about research and how it should be conducted, plus the opportunity to conduct a small-scale research project and present the findings to your peers.
Graduate School Research by Faculty
Dr. Sean Collins
- Influence of Rate of Rehydration on Exercise Performance in Dehydrated Males – Doctoral Dissertation
- Collins SM, Perzinski C, Silberlicht M, Smith S, Davidson PD. The relationship between body composition and preseason performance tests of collegiate male lacrosse players. J Strength Cond Res. 2014; Mar 11 (ePub AOP)
- Sawyer JC, Wood R, Davidson PW, Collins SM, Gregory SM, Matthews T, Paolone VJ. Effects of a short-term carbohydrate restricted diet on strength and power performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2013;27(8):2255-62.
- Loenneke, JP, Kearney M, Thrower, A, Collins, S, Pujol, TJ. The acute response of practical occlusion in the knee extensors. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24(10):2831-2834.
- The Effect of Exercise-Induced Dehydration on Neuropsychological Performance and Postural Stability. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. 2014.
- Supplementation for Athletic Performance. National Strength and Conditioning Association’s State Symposium. 2013.
- Electrocardiography (ECG): Role in Pre-Participation Screenings for Athletes. 2nd and 3rd Annual Sports Medicine Symposium. 2012 & 2014.
- Coaching the Run – Proper Running Form. VAPHERD State Conference. 2012.
Dr. DuAnn Kremer
- Kremer DE, Pebworth K, Taylor JK, Werner, P. Geocaching for Physical and Cross-Curricular Education. Presented at American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Annual National Convention, San Diego, CA, 2011.
- Taylor JK, Kremer D, Pebworth K, Werner P. Geocaching for Schools and Communities. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2010.
- Bradney D, Kremer DE, Bowman T. Creating Communities: Living and Learning. Presented at Lilly Conference, Greensboro, NC, 2010.
- Kremer DE. Accreditation of Academic Programs in the Exercise Sciences. Presented at American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Annual National Convention, Tampa, FL, 2009.
- Kremer DE, Pebworth K, Taylor JK, Werner, P. Haven’t Heard About Geocaching? Part I and Discover Fort Worth – Let’s Go Geocaching Part II. Presented at American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Annual National Convention, Fort Worth, TX, 2008.
- Kremer D. Ideas Exchange: How do you use hand-held technology and specifically GPS units/geocaching to enhance physical activity in your physical education program? A compilation. Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators. 2007; 21(2):5-6.
- Kremer DE. Lactate transport in sarcolemmal giant vesicles from canine skeletal muscle [dissertation]. Auburn (AL): Auburn University; 1995.
- Kremer DE. Actual and predicted energy costs for females walking one mile level, uphill, downhill, and mixed [thesis]. Auburn (AL): Auburn University; 1990.
Dr. Jill Lucas
- Physical activity and sedentary behavior: Measurement approaches and their relationships with cardiometabolic health indicators among college freshmen – Doctoral dissertation
- Effect of a combined exercise and recreation therapy program on fitness parameters, fatigue, and quality of life in breast cancer survivors – Masters thesis
- Psychosocial predictors of objectively measured sedentary and physical activity behavior among female college freshmen – Presentation at American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, 2012.
- Agreement between self-reported and objective sitting times varies by day of week among college freshmen – Presentation at American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, 2013.
- Measures of physical activity and their associations with cardiometabolic risk in college students – Presentation at American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Sedentary behavior measurement approaches among college students – Presentation at Southeastern Regional American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, 2014 (accepted, cancelled due to inclement weather).
- 2017 Oral Presentation Winner for the School of Health Science and Human Performance Skyler Lewis. Faculty sponsors: Sean M. Collins, Jill M. Lucas. The Effects of Submaximal Exercise in Cognition in Adults.
- 2016 Oral Presentation Winner for the School of Health Science and Human Performance Julie Ann Thomas. Faculty sponsor: Jill M. Lucas. Shod vs. Unshod Agility, Balance, and Jump Height.
- 2015 Oral Presentation Winner for the School of Health Science and Human Performance Kassia Mayo. Faculty sponsor: Sean M. Collins. Metabolic Costs of High Intensity Interval Tabata Training Protocols of Treadmill Running and Kettlebell Swings Compared to Submaximal Steady State Treadmill Running.
- 2014 Second Place Overall in Poster Presentations – Caleigh Patterson (at right), Faculty sponsor: Sean Collins. Self-perceived Physical Fitness versus Actual Physical Fitness level in NCAA Division III Female Athletes.
- 2014 First Place in the School of Health Science and Human Performance – Stacy Barringer, Faculty sponsor: Sean Collins. Gender Differences in Heart Rate Recovery and Heart Rate Reserve Based on Body Composition.
- 2013 Third Place Overall in Poster Presentations – Britney Ceney, Faculty sponsor: DuAnn Kremer. Effect of Modality on Hamstring Flexibility.
- 2013 First Place in the School of Health Science and Human Performance – Logan-Ann Marie Gittman, Faculty sponsor: DuAnn Kremer. Effects of Body Heat on BOD POD Estimated Body Composition.
- 2012 Third Place in the Dean’s Award for Best Poster – Sarah Laurent, Faculty Sponsor: DuAnn Kremer. Cardiovascular Responses to Wii Fit Training: Exergaming Compared to Traditional Exercise.