Assistant Professor of Exercise Physiology
- July 2007- present, Retreat Faculty, Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training
Furman University, Greenville, S.C.
- August 2009- July 2013, Graduate Assistant, Department of Kinesiology, University of George, Athens, Ga.
- August 2007- May 2009, Graduate Assistant, Department of Exercise and Sport Science
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- PhD, Kinesiology- University of Georgia, August 2013
Dissertation Title: “Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior: Measurement Approaches and their Relationships with Cardiometabolic Health Indicators Among College Freshmen”
- MA, Exercise and Sport Science – University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, May 2009
Thesis Title: “Effect of a Combined Exercise and Recreation Therapy Program on Fitness Parameters, Fatigue, and Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Survivors”
- BS, Health and Exercise Science – Furman University, June 2007
- EXPH 200 Exploration in Exercise Physiology
- EXPH 325 Exercise Physiology
- EXPH 342 Laboratory Techniques in Exercise Physiology
- EXPH 370 Sports Nutrition
- EXPH 382 Exercise Physiology in Special Populations
- Exercise Physiology Lab
- Exercise Prescription and Testing
- Exercise Prescription and Testing Lab
- Numerous physical activity and wellness courses
- Measurement of physical activity and sedentary behavior
- Running performance
- Medicine and health in exercise science
I prefer to spend time outdoors, including activities such as running, road cycling, hiking, gardening, and boating. I also am a bit of a foodie and spend a lot of time cooking and baking. I enjoy exploring new cities on foot, followed by a meal at a “local” restaurant.