Associate Dean, Lynchburg College of Arts and Sciences, School of Humanities
Associate Professor of English
- 2018-present, Associate Dean, Lynchburg College of Arts & Sciences, School of Humanities, University of Lynchburg.
- 2014-present, Associate Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2008-2014, Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2005-2008, Visiting Assistant Professor, Sweet Briar College
- 2002-2004, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Sweet Briar College
- 2001, Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2001, Adjunct Associate Professor, Central Virginia Community College
- 1988-1992, Assistant Professor, Liberty University
- 1984-1987, Instructor of English, Liberty University
- PhD, English – University of Mississippi, Oxford
- MEd, English Education – University of Lynchburg
- BS, History and English – Liberty University
- “The Wounded Healer in Haven Kimmel’s The Solace of Leaving Early and The Used World.” Literature and Belief 33.2 (2013): 1-27.
- “No Memory Is Really Faithful’: Memory And Myth In Katherine Anne Porter’s ‘Old Mortality.”‘ Mississippi Quarterly 62.1-2 (2009): 235-246.
- “A Minister’s Loss of Faith in Elizabeth Strout’s Abide With Me.” Literature and Belief 28.1 (2008): 1-19.
- “Metaphorical Redemption in Anne Tyler’s The Clock Winder and Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant.” Christianity and Literature 49.4 (Summer 2000).
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Victorian Comprehensive Exam Passed with Distinction
- American Multi-Ethnic Literature
- Multicultural Literature (graduate)
- Figures in Literature (graduate)
- Basic Composition
- Composition I and II
- Thought and Expression (Topics: Multiple Viewpoints in Fiction, Social Issues in Nonfiction and Novels, Magical Realism, African American Novelists, Multicultural Novelists, Diversity in Female Voices)
- American Literature Survey
- World Literature Survey
- American Novel
- Modern British Novel
- Victorian Novel
- Art of the Essay
- Religion in Literature (graduate)
- Southern Literature
- Women’s Literature
- Independent Study on Willa Cather
- Portrayals of faith in fiction, multicultural novelists, women novelists, contemporary novels