Assistant Professor of Criminology
500 Westwood #2
- 2016-2017, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, West Texas A&M
- 2015- 2016, Lecturer in Sociology, University of Idaho
- 2013- 2015, Teaching Assistant and Cougar Quest Workshop Instructor, Washington State University
- 2009-2011, Building Analyst/Case Manager. PACE Community Action Agency
- 2006-2009, Correctional Officer. Indiana Department of Corrections
- 2004-2005, Senior Youth Development Specialist. Juvenile Correctional Agency
- PhD, Criminal Justice and Criminology – Washington State University, 2016
- MA, Criminal Justice and Criminology – Indiana State University, 2012
- BS, Criminal Justice and Criminology – Indiana State University, 2009
- AS, Law Enforcement – Vincennes University, 2004
- Klein, M.S., & Hemmens, C. Public regulation of private security: A statutory analysis of state regulation of private security guards. Criminal Justice Policy Review, DOI:10.1177/0887403416649999.
- Hemmens, C., Klein, M.S., & Bang, B. Wreck on the Highway: The Supreme Court Gets It Wrong in Naverette v. California. Criminal Law Bulletin 51(3): 693-706 (2015).
- Hemmens, C. & Klein, M.S. Criminal Justice Decisions of the United States Supreme Court, 2013 Term. Criminal Justice Review 39(4): 466-479 (2014).
- Walker, A.M., Klein, M.S., Hemmens, C., & Stohr, M.K. The Consequences of the Official Labels: Further Examination of the Rights Lost by the Mentally Ill and Mentally Incompetent. Community Mental Health Journal, 51(7).
- Klein, M.S., Ruiz, L., and Hemmens, C. A statutory analysis of state regulation of security guard training regulations. Submitted to Criminal Justice Policy Review, July 2016 (article under review).
- Hamilton, Z., Kigerl, A., & Klein, M.S. Reducing Goal Confusion: The Development and Validation of the Strong-I Assessment of Prisoner Misconduct. Expected Completion: Fall 2017 (article under progress).
- Klein, M.S. “Plain Touch” & Stop-and-Frisk Policing: The Intersection of Race, Drugs, and Disorder. Criminal Law Bulletin, Fall 2017.