Professor of Criminology
Department Chair of Criminology
Program Director, Master of Criminal Justice Leadership
- July 2015-present, Professor, Department of Criminology
- July 2005-June 2015, Dean, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Lynchburg
- May 2006-present, Professor, Department of Sociology and Criminology, University of Lynchburg
- August 2001-May 2006, Associate Professor, Program of Sociology, University of Lynchburg
- August 1996-August 2001, Assistant Professor, College of Criminal Justice, University of South Carolina
- July 1991-August 1996, Instructor, College of Criminal Justice, University of South Carolina
- September 2004-present, Member, Bedford County Library Foundation
- 2002 – Present, Grants Evaluator, U.S. Department of Education. Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiatives and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- May 2003-June 2005, Member, Bedford Virginia Regional Library Board
Consultant to federal, state, and local agencies in the United States for design, implementation, and evaluation of criminal justice and public safety programs, strategic planning, recruitment, and problem-solving.
- July 2013: Harvard University Institute of Management
- March 2004: Oxford University (faculty roundtable representative), Oriel College, Oxford, England
- Summer 1997: University of Michigan (faculty fellowship), Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, ICPSR Workshop on Longitudinal Data and Analysis
- Summer 1996: University of Michigan (post-doctoral fellowship), Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, ICPSR Workshop on Analysis of Discrete Data from Complex Designs
- Summer 1995: University of Michigan (student fellowship), Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, ICPSR Workshop on Quantitative Analysis of Crime and Criminal Justice
- PhD, Sociology – University of South Carolina, 1996
- MCJ – University of South Carolina, Criminal Justice, 1990
- BA – Virginia Tech, Math Education, 1987
- McCabe, Kimberly, B. Egan, and T. Eagle. (Forthcoming 2020). Act of Violence in the School Setting: National and International Response. Rowan and Littlefield Publishers.
- McCabe, Kimberly. 2017. Protecting Your Children Online: What You Need to Know About Online Threats to Your Children. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- McCabe, Kimberly and Daniel G. Murphy. 2016. Child Abuse: Today’s Issues. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- McCabe, Kimberly and Sabita Manian. 2010. Sex Trafficking: A Global Perspective. Lexington Books.
- McCabe, Kimberly. 2008. The Trafficking of Persons: National and International Responses. Peter Lang International Academic Publishers.
- Mccabe, Kimberly and Greg Martin. 2004. School Violence, the Media, and the Criminal Justice Responses. Peter Lang International Academic Publishers.
- McCabe, Kimberly. 2003. Child Abuse and the Criminal Justice System, Peter Lang International Academic Publishers.
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Pi Omicron Chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology Honor Society), August 2001 – Present
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, August 1993 – Present
- Southern Criminal Justice Association, September 1993 – Present
- American Society of Criminology, August 1994 – 2016
- Southern Sociology Society, October 2001 – 2006
- Research methods with special emphasis on quantitative evaluation of criminal justice and public safety programs
- Police policies and procedures
- Child and elder victimization
- School violence
- Trafficking of persons