Instructor of Criminology
- 2016–Present, Instructor, Criminology Dept., University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2015–2016, Instructor, Criminal Justice Dept. Corning Community College, Corning, NY
- 2014 – Student (Teaching Career Switcher Program), Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
- 2008–2013, Operational Advisor, Asymmetric Warfare Group, U.S. Army, Ft. Meade, MD
- 2003–2008, Foreign Service Officer (Special Agent), U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of State
- 2002–2003, Federal Air Marshal, Transportation Security Administration, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- 1988–2002, Special Agent, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice
- 1983–1986, Police Officer, New York City Police Department, NY, NY.
- 1977–1983, Police Officer-Detective, Portsmouth Police Department, Portsmouth, VA
- 1975–1976, Armed Private Security, Portsmouth, VA
- 1972–1975: U.S.M.C., Presidential Security Co., Washington, D.C.; & 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, NC
Consultant to U.S. and foreign national government security agencies (Police. Military and Intelligence) concerning the tactical use of host nation rule of law in dynamic environments under the Wexford Group International and NEK Services Inc.
Expert witness in both state and federal court regarding various aspects of illegal drugs.
- 2008: Master of Criminal Justice (MCJ), Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1979: BS Governmental Administration (Admin of Justice Specialty), Minor – Political Science, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
- 1977: Associate in Police Science (AAS) Tidewater Community College, Norfolk, Virginia
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Criminal Justice Honor Society: Alpha Phi Sigma
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- National Tactical Officers Association
- Police and Society
- Women and Crime
- Drugs, Drug Organizations, and Narco-Terrorism
- Study Abroad
- Comparative Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Process
- Juvenile Justice
- Police Operations
- Criminal Investigation
- Several Non-Academic Professional Training Courses