Instructor of Criminology
500 Westwood #6
- 2011 – present, Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2010 – 2011, Adjunct Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2007 – 2011, Security Officer, Lynchburg General Hospital, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2008 – 2011, Adjunct Professor, Central Virginia Community College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2006 – 2007, Adjunct Professor, Hesser College, Manchester, N.H.
- 2005 – 2007, Campus Monitor, Pinkerton Academy, Derry, N.H.
- 1999 – 2005, Police Officer-Sergeant, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1992 – 1999, Police Officer-Detective Juvenile Officer, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1986 – 1992, Police Officer-Patrol Officer, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1984 – 1986, Police Officer, University of Massachusetts Police, Amherst, Mass.
- 1983, Police Officer, Pelham Police Department, Pelham, N.H.
- 1980 – 1986, Military Police/Communications
- MJA, Justice Administration – Norwich University, Norwich, Vt., 2006
- BA, Criminal Justice – Westfield State College, Westfield, Mass., 1982
- Child Abuse: Today’s Issues (2016). Published by Taylor & Francis (w/ K. McCabe)
- 2016 – September Faculty of the Month, Lynchburg College
- 2015 – Unsung Hero Leadership Award, Lynchburg College
- 2013 – P.H.T, Lynchburg College
- 2004 – Officer of the Year
- 2002 – Honorable Service
- 2000 – Exemplary Service – Rockingham County Attorney Office for dedication to victims of crime
- 1997 – Honorable Service
- 1997 – Roger Fossum Award (only police officer nominated in the State of New Hampshire for dedication toward child abuse victims)
- 1994 – Officer of the Year
- Pi Omicron Chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- 2016 National Children’s Advocacy Center
- 2016 American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- 2015 National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- 2011-Present, American Society of Criminology
- 2011-Present, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- 2011-Present, Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Comparative Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Process
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Juvenile Justice
- Law Enforcement and the Community
- Women and Crime
- Police and Society
Mr. Murphy loves spending time with his family. He enjoys going to the beach, watching football (he’s a big Patriots fan!), and has kept tropical fish almost his entire life.
The topic of his Thesis is “Why does it appear that pedophiles keep getting away with their crimes?”