An internship can lead to a job after graduation.
In Communication Studies, internships are a vital, integral component of the major. Up to 6 semester hours in internships and/or independent-study credit may be applied to the major.
To qualify for an internship, you must be a junior with at least a 2.25 GPA.
You could intern at local television and radio stations, public relations and advertising firms, non-profit organizations, hospitals, governmental organizations, offices within the College, and local industries. You might also find summer internship opportunities in your hometown.
- An internship can build a network
- Take initiative — introduce yourself to everyone you meet
- Show enthusiasm and motivation
- Ask for things to do; taking initiative is a great way to stand out
- Read – newsletters, websites – to become informed about business aspects
- Keep in touch after the internship