Six of LC’s top graphic design students brought home eight ADDYs from the Western Virginia Advertising Awards on Saturday, Feb. 28. They enjoyed an evening of celebration at the Taubman Museum of Art in Roanoke, Va., where their work was on display and they accepted the awards.
Professor of Graphic Design, Ursula Bryant, says she often describes this event to her students as the Oscars for graphic designers. It’s big time! There were more than 700 entries this year and LC students competed against student work from Radford University, VA Tech, and Liberty University, among others.
The American Advertising Awards is the world’s largest advertising competition attracting over 40,000 entries annually in local AFF Club competitions. Needless to say, the students winning ADDYs is a huge accomplishment.
LC student winners and their awards:
- Shannon Brockley, Silver ADDY for Vertical Life Brochure
- Ella Schwarz, Silver ADDY for Aurous: Journal of Arts and Creative Writing; Silver ADDY for What Does Made in China Really Mean?
- Katharine Neill, Gold ADDY for Urban Harvest Logo
- Taylor Haney, Silver ADDY for Woo-Sah Vapor Lounge & Bar Vehicle Wrap
- Amber Ingram, Silver ADDY for Amber Ingram Portfolio Website; Silver ADDY for Shower Hair Campaign
- Katherine Zvara, Silver ADDY for I Am Third Film