Visiting Assistant Professor
- EdD Education – University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2013
Concentration: Educational Leadership in Curriculum and Supervision
- MA Art History – University of South Carolina at Columbia, 2004
Concentration: Modern Art
- BA Art History – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1999
- Virginia Department of Education Visual Arts Educator PK-12
Publications and Presentations
- Publication, 2018. “Martínez and Warhol: Pop Artists Worlds Apart.” ISBN-13: 978-1983489686.
- Publications, 2018. “Art is 4 Everyone: Art Education Lessons: Volumes #1, #2, and #3: Kindergarten-Second Grade, Third Grade-Fifth Grade, ISBN- 13: 978-1983871054, ISBN-13: 978-1983871054, ISBN-13: 978-1986069762, respectively.
- Publication, 2016. “The Rosel and Elliot Schewel Art Collection,” ISBN: 978-1-945176-18-0.
- Publication, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. Website: “Art is 4 Everyone.net.” http://www.artis4everyone.net.
- Publication, 2013. Doctoral Dissertation, “Adequacy Post Rose v. Council for Better Education in Kentucky Public School Facilities: Case Study.” ISBN: 978-1-3033-7705-1.
- Publication, 2014. “Fun Monsters,” article in Arts and Activities, 155, No. 3 (2014).
- Publication, 2004. Master Thesis, “Judy Chicago: Woman, Artist, and Legend.” University of South Carolina, 2004.
- Paper Presentation, 2017. “Martínez and Warhol: Pop Artists Worlds Apart.” Presented at the annual meeting of the Southeastern College Art Conference, October, 2017.
- Presentation, 2012. “Lynchburg City Schools Professional Development Seminar for K-5 Art Education Teachers, October, 2012.
Art History Study Abroad
- Study Abroad, 1998. Lorenzo de Medici Institute, Florence, Italy, Summer 1998. Researched Italian Renaissance Art and Northern Italian Heritage.
- Study Abroad, 2013. European Travel Counselor for ACIS (American Council for International Studies)
Past Lynchburg Museum Advisory Board Member
Southeastern College Association Conference (SECAC)
College Art Association
Virginia Art Education Association
National Art Education Association
While completing a doctorate in education in the evening at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, I taught art education during the day in a public-school setting. This professional and academic experience reinforced my background and passion for teaching in the field of art education and art history. After having my daughter in 2013, I took time out of the workforce to publish a book on a Cuban Pop artist and Andy Warhol after a trip to Cuba and art education books outlining my teaching experience, while supporting my husband, Henry with his surgical career. I also create pottery in my spare time and maintain an art website, “Artis4Everyone.net.” My daughter’s entry into Kindergarten afforded me time to get back into the place I feel most at home, academia. The University of Lynchburg not only has the best students to teach, but a supportive faculty environment. I am proud to teach our students and be a member of a warm community at the University of Lynchburg—where we are home.
My professional interests include: Art Nouveau, Architectural History, and the Fauves.