Lynchburg’s interdisciplinary arts administration minor provides you with a sound foundation to manage the complexities of creating, producing, marketing, and presenting the visual and performing arts in the 21st century. The University of Lynchburg is the only private liberal arts institution in Virginia to offer an arts management/arts administration minor.
Our hands-on program is designed for students who are majoring or minoring in art, music, or theatre. The arts administration minor at Lynchburg prepares you for arts management careers and leadership positions in various organizations, including galleries, museums, theatres, concert and performance halls, and music venues.
- 21 credit hours
- 4 core classes (12 credit hours) plus 3 elective courses (9 credit hours): marketing and accounting basics, public relations, cultural studies, social media, and more. Click here to view the full catalog.
- Compatible with museum studies minor
- Dedicated faculty and a vibrant arts community with internship opportunities right here in Lynchburg
Did you know?
- The arts administration minor meets the “Standards for Arts Administration Undergraduate Curricula” outlined by the Association of Arts Administration Educators (AAAE, March 2018).
- Projected job growth for archivists, curators, and museum workers is 9% (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Barbara Rothermel, PhD
Director of the Daura Gallery
Associate Professor of Museum Studies