Students who maintain good status during their time in the U.S. should allow them to travel in and out of the country successfully. When planning to travel outside the U.S., keep in mind the following information:
- You must have a valid travel signature on your I-20
- You will need a valid visa to re-enter the country
- If your visa has expired, you will need to apply for renew as soon as you return home.
- Processing times vary in each country
- It is not possible to renew your visa in the US
- You will need a passport valid at least 6 months into the future, and preferably valid for the duration of your stay in the US
- Travel with a letter of enrollment verification or a copy of your next semester course schedule to verify your enrollment
- If you will be traveling to any other country other than your home country, make sure that you check the visa requirements for your entry into that country. Some countries require a transit visa even if you are simply connecting on a different flight and do not leave the airport.