Professor of English
Associate Dean of the School of Humanities
- 2021-present, Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2018-present, Associate Dean, Lynchburg College of Arts and Sciences, School of Humanities, University of Lynchburg.
- 2014-2021, Associate Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2008-2014, Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2005-2008, Visiting Assistant Professor, Sweet Briar College
- 2002-2004, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Sweet Briar College
- 2001, Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg
- 2001, Adjunct Associate Professor, Central Virginia Community College
- 1988-1992, Assistant Professor, Liberty University
- 1984-1987, Instructor of English, Liberty University
- PhD, English – University of Mississippi, Oxford
- MEd, English Education – University of Lynchburg
- BS, History and English – Liberty University
- “Unapologetic Goodness in Patrick Gale’s A Perfectly Good Man.” Literature and Belief. 40.1 (2020): 51-76.
- “The Wounded Healer in Haven Kimmel’s The Solace of Leaving Early and The Used World.” Literature and Belief 33.2 (2013): 1-27.
- “No Memory Is Really Faithful’: Memory And Myth In Katherine Anne Porter’s ‘Old Mortality.”‘ Mississippi Quarterly 62.1-2 (2009): 235-246.
- “A Minister’s Loss of Faith in Elizabeth Strout’s Abide With Me.” Literature and Belief 28.1 (2008): 1-19.
- “Metaphorical Redemption in Anne Tyler’s The Clock Winder and Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant.” Christianity and Literature 49.4 (Summer 2000).
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Multi-Ethnic Literature
- Multicultural Literature
- Religion in Literature
- Southern/Appalachian Literature
- Portrayals of faith in fiction, multicultural novelists, women novelists, contemporary novels