Students who wish to seek Academic Accommodations should follow the following process:
- Learn about Disability Services at University of Lynchburg.
- Complete a Disability Services Intake Form.
- Provide appropriate documentation of disability (see Documentation Criteria, Academic Accommodations (PDF), keeping in mind this information helps in decision making. Include information which will be helpful to Disability Services in getting to know your individual disability and how it impacts academic activities.
- Schedule an intake appointment with the Accessibility and Disability Resources Coordinator. We prefer this is scheduled after documentation has been provided; otherwise a second appointment will be necessary to determine appropriate accommodations after documentation has been reviewed. During this appointment students will work with the Coordinator to:
- Review documentation, discuss impact of disability on academics and strategies for success
- Determine eligibility for services
- Determine of appropriate accommodations
- Accommodation letters will be prepared and copies provided.
- Share information regarding Student Resources, including appropriate learning resources.
Primary communication in this meeting is between the student and Disability Services. Parents are welcome to attend if this is desired by the student. Students are encouraged to build strong skills of independence and self-advocacy related to their disability and needed support as they grow toward future employment and opportunities after college.