Internships provide students with practical work-related experience under the supervision of a qualified professional (site supervisor) and a faculty supervisor responsible for academic quality and assigning the final grade. After completing the application process, rising juniors and seniors with a 2.25 overall GPA (or higher depending on major) can earn one to three credit hours during J Term. (Generally up to twelve internship credits may count toward graduation.) Approval by the internship coordinator and faculty supervisor is required prior to starting the internship.
Process for Obtaining Internships:
- Locate an internship site or contact the Career Center or your academic advisor for assistance in locating a site.
- Discuss the internship with your academic advisor.
- Obtain internship forms online from the For-Credit Internship Forms page.
- Turn in completed forms to the internship coordinator for approval.
- After approval (to include meeting the College’s requirements), the internship coordinator will register you for the J Term internship.
- For credit bearing internships during the J Term, students will be billed for tuition per credit hour.
Students must pay tuition for internship credits earned during the J Term session and will be billed when registered. Contact the Internship Coordinator for information concerning costs.
Deadline for J Term Internships
Internship forms approved by faculty, site supervisor, and internship coordinator must be submitted by December 21, 2018. Unless approval for an extended internship is given by the Associate Dean, internships should be completed by January 18, 2019.