The University of Lynchburg Master of PA Medicine Program participates with the Central Application Service for PAs (CASPA). All applicants must apply through the CASPA website.
For information about the application process, go to Admission Process.
The following criteria are established for students interested in applying to the University of Lynchburg Master of PA Medicine program:
- Students will only be admitted to enroll on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada and must have completed the requirements for direct patient care and shadowing a licensed PA prior to enrolling.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses; a minimum science GPA of 3.0 and a minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants must submit official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to CASPA using the LC code 3874 for the PA Medicine program. Scores must be within 5 years of the CASPA application. There is no minimum score requirement. The GRE requirement will be waived for applicants with a previous graduate degree or who submit official MCAT scores to CASPA.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed at a regionally or nationally accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- International applicants must submit an official score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to CASPA. The minimum total score is 80.
- Applicants who completed coursework from a college or university outside of the U.S. must submit a transcript evaluation from the World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) to CASPA.
- Applicants will affirm that they have aptitude, ability, and skills that fulfill the Technical Standards.
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation to CASPA supporting the applicants’ ability to be a PA. One letter must be from a practicing PA, nurse practitioner, or physician.
No applicant will receive advanced placement in the program. University of Lynchburg does not accept transfer credit from a student previously enrolled in another PA program or experiential credit. Applicants previously enrolled in another PA program, nursing, or medical school will be considered on an individual basis.