Earn up to 100* AAPA Category 1 CME credit for completing courses in the core degree curriculum. By completing normal coursework and a post-activity evaluation for select learning modules in the relevant DMSc courses, students earn both their doctorate and up to two years worth of continuing education.*
(*These activities have been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and are compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. These activities are designated for a combined 280 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid from 7/6/2020 to 8/1/2021. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. AAPA reference numbers: CME-200358, CME-200677, CME-200702.)
- Proof of active licensure and/or certification as a PA professional
- An earned masters or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution or from a foreign university. The University of Lynchburg must receive all official transcripts prior to matriculation.
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing personal, educational, and professional achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A completed online application and a completed phone or on-campus interview
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- For international students, requirements for graduate international admissions must be met
- International students’ transcripts will be evaluated by an agency from the NACES website, www.naces.org
- For admitted students, a $300 program will be applied to the first semester’s tuition
- Graduates of The University of Lynchburg’s School of PA Medicine will be placed with local healthcare organizations.
- Non-University of Lynchburg graduates must identify a fellowship attending in current practice, partner with them to meet program level objectives and outcomes, and obtain approval from the program.
- Non-University of Lynchburg graduates who have completed an approved/accredited PA residency/fellowship should contact the fellowship coordinator for details at 434.544.8797 or email@example.com.
Cost of the program for (July) 2019-2020 matriculation:
- Tuition: $25,049 (complete program)
- Application fee: $100 (non-refundable)
- Technology fee: $60 per term
- Graduate program fee: $25 per term
Please note that if students do not finish the program in 12 months, they will incur additional tuition and fees.
Students are billed per semester based on the number of credit hours they are taking. Please note that the $60 technology fee and $25 program fee are charged per semester.