Director of Doctoral Education
Dr. Rust has practiced medicine as a PA since 2001 and first became involved in PA education in 2006. He has served on item writing committees and workgroups for the Physician Assistant Education Association since 2012. Prior to joining Lynchburg College in 2017, he has held full time faculty positions at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions in Provo, Utah and A.T. Still University in Mesa, Arizona.
- Nova Southeastern University. Doctor of Health Science.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine. Master of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Community Hospital of the Roanoke Valley College of Health Sciences. Bachelor of Science Physician Assistant.
- Medical Practice
- Community Clinic
- Physical Diagnosis
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Virginia Board of Medicine
- North Carolina Medical Board
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant Education Association
Areas of Interest
- Prevention and management of diabetes
- Prevention and management of hypertension
- Prevention and management of dyslipidemias.