University of Lynchburg’s DPT program subscribes to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS), available through the American Physical Therapy Association.
All applicants must apply through the PTCAS website. Applications for the DPT Class of 2024 open July 1, 2020, and will close on Feb. 1, 2021. After this date, applications not verified by PTCAS will not be reviewed. The DPT Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications for admission in October. You can view our PTCAS directory page for additional information.
- Baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by a CHEA recognized regional accrediting organization
- Official transcripts of all coursework
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA overall and 3.0 cumulative GPA when factoring only prerequisite science coursework
- GRE scores sent to PTCAS; GRE Code: 7582
- Personal essay as described on PTCAS
- 80 hours of practical experience under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist with verification
- Two recommendation letters; one from a licensed physical therapist and the other from someone who can speak to your academic ability, such as a college professor
Upon successful admission to the DPT program, all individuals are required to complete a background check prior to the start of classes.
In addition to the admission requirements above, international applicants must submit official TOEFL scores.
Your TOEFL iBT score must be consistent with the standards established by the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) as acceptable for physical therapists from a foreign country desiring to enter practice in the United States.
The minimum total score is 89, and the minimum score for the Speaking section is 26.
|Applicants per cycle||779||886||723||685|
|Average GRE verbal scores||151||150||151||150|
|Average GRE quantitative scores||152||151||150||151|
|Average cumulative undergraduate GPA||3.4||3.35||3.4||3.4|
|Average science and math prerequisite GPA||3.5||3.5||3.4||3.4|
Degree Programs Completed by University of Lynchburg DPT Students
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Exercise Science
- Allied Health
- Health Education
- Health Science
- Athletic Training
- General Studies
- Rehabilitation Science
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Business Administration
- Public Health
- Physical Therapy – Pre-PT
- Biomedical Science
- Sports Medicine
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science Kinesiology
- Master of Science Applied Health Physiology
- Master of Education Health Science
- Master of Exercise Science