Director of Clinical Education
- 2012 – Present, Director of Clinical Education, Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2018 – Present, PRN SNF Physical Therapist, The Carrington, Lynchburg VA
- 2018 – Present, PRN HH Physical Therapist, Senior Independence, Lynchburg VA
- 2015 – Present, PRN Physical Therapist, Rehab Management, Inc/Select Rehabilitation, Lynchburg, VA
- 2011 – 2012, Home Health Physical Therapist, Gentiva Home Health Corporation, Bedford, Va.
- 2008-2011, Co-Owner, VeHAB Rehab Company, LLC, Palm Beach County, Fla.
- 2010 – 2011, Home Health Physical Therapist, Home Health Associates, Inc., Lake Worth, Fla.
- 2005 – 2008, Home Health Physical Therapist, A Plus Home Health Care, Delray Beach, Fla.
- Assist with Special Olympics SPI group
- Transitional Doctorate of Physical Therapy – The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 2010
- MA in Physical Therapy – The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 1996
- BA in Health Science – The College of Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 1994
- Geriatric Clinical Specialist, 2012
- Certificate of Competency in Advanced Vestibular Rehab, 2011
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist, 2007
February 2020: Integrated Clinical Experiences in a Student Run Pro Bono Clinic Positively Impacts CPI Categories; Grandeo, J. & Elam, P.
February 2020: Impacting Future Clinical Instructor Aspirations through Physical Therapist Student Peer Teaching; Elam, P., Elam, S., & Eagle, L.A.
October 2018: Poster Presentation at VPTA: The impact of DPT student peer teaching on student interest in becoming a future clinical instructor
May 2018: Poster Presentation at APTA Acute Care Section Conference: Reducing Mobility Barriers in the Critical Care Environment, One Student at a Time
February 2018: Poster Presentation at CSM: The Impact of Two Exercise Programs on Fall Risk for People Who Participate in PACE, A Case Series
October 2017: Poster Presentation at VPTA: The Impact of Two Exercise Programs on Fall Risk for People Who Participate in PACE, A Case Series
June 2017: Presentation at NEXT Conference: Breaking Down Mobility Barriers In the ICU One Student at a Time
Elam P, Leahy T, Elam S: A 3-year Integrated Approach to Enhancing DPT Student Core Values. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting; Indianapolis, Ind.; January 2015.
Eagler L, Elam P, Elam, S. Currently in Data Analysis phase for research entitled: Impact of Two Group Exercise Programs on Fall Risk for People who Participate in PACE.
Course Coordinator/Co-Instructor for all 4 clinical internships, assist with Integrated Case Application Lab series, lecturer for Balance Examination and Intervention and Manual Lymph Drainage in the Clinical Practice Series and Vestibular Rehab in the Neuromuscular I course, and assist with Student Professional Involvement I.