Director of Clinical Education
- 2012 – Present, Director of Clinical Education, Assistant Professor, University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2011 – 2012, Home Health Physical Therapist, Gentiva Home Health Corporation, Bedford, Va.
- 2008-2011, Co-Owner, VeHAB Rehab Company, LLC, Palm Beach County, Fla.
- 2010 – 2011, Home Health Physical Therapist, Home Health Associates, Inc., Lake Worth, Fla.
- 2005 – 2008, Home Health Physical Therapist, A Plus Home Health Care, Delray Beach, Fla.
- Assist with Special Olympics SPI group
- Transitional Doctorate of Physical Therapy – The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 2010
- MA in Physical Therapy – The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 1996
- BA in Health Science – The College of Scholastica, Duluth, Minn., 1994
- Geriatric Clinical Specialist, 2012
- Certificate of Competency in Advanced Vestibular Rehab, 2011
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist, 2007
Elam P, Leahy T, Elam S: A 3-year Integrated Approach to Enhancing DPT Student Core Values. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting; Indianapolis, Ind.; January 2015.
Eagler L, Elam P, Elam, S. Currently in Data Analysis phase for research entitled: Impact of Two Group Exercise Programs on Fall Risk for People who Participate in PACE.
Course Coordinator for all 4 clinical internships, assist with Integrated Case Application Lab series, and guest lecturer for Balance Examination and Intervention and Manual Lymph Drainage in the Clinical Practice Series and Vestibular Rehab in the Neuromuscular I course.