Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Warren Counseling Center 330-B
Daniel Hall, PhD, is an Assistant Professor and Program Director of the Counselor Education Program at the University of Lynchburg. Dr. Hall teaches a variety of courses in the curriculum, including Counseling Techniques, Cross-cultural Counseling, Crisis Counseling, and provides supervision for counselors-in-training during their internships. He has provided counseling services in a variety of settings, including private practice, a college counseling clinic, hospital outpatient services, and a retirement community. Dr. Hall is passionate about engaging growth and learning with students, clients, or organizations. He has provided leadership development consultation within the education and non-profit sectors. His research interests include authenticity in counseling and education, the use of technology in counselor education, experiential philosophy and practice, and older-adult mental health issues. Before entering the counseling field, Dr. Hall worked in the human resources and event management fields. Outside of work, Dr. Hall enjoys spending time with his wife, two children, and two fur-babies (i.e., dogs).
- PhD, Counseling and Counselor Education – The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MA, Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Wake Forest University
- BS, Human Development and Family Studies – The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- BS, Psychology – Appalachian State University
- Waalkes, P. L., Hall, D. P. (2018). Effective teaching mentorship: A CQR study of beginning counselor educator’s experiences. North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Hall, D. P., Pender, D., Kabbes, J., Kathleen, A. (2017). State of the Art: Developing an understanding of online learning in CACREP accredited counselor education programs. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Hall, D. P., Waalkes, P. L. (2017). Andragogic foundations: A content analysis of counselor educators’ teaching philosophies. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Chicago, IL.