Each year several University of Lynchburg students elect to study abroad for a semester or academic year.
There is a wide array of programs offering students the opportunity to:
- complete an internship
- live with a host family to practice language skills and enhance the cultural experience
- take classes at a foreign university with host country and other international students
- travel independently while abroad
Students who wish to study abroad for a semester/academic year have 3 options:
- An exchange program through one of our sister schools: Fachhochschule Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences in Dornbirn, Austria; Laval University in Quebec City, Canada; and Hannam University in Daejeon, South Korea
- A program offered by third-party Study Abroad Providers
- A program managed by another college or university
LC students have studied abroad in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Chile, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Panama, Poland, South Korea, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in a semester/year-long or summer program not sponsored by the College, make an appointment with our office to discuss your options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and to learn about LC’s policies and procedures for these programs.