The site supervisor assumes the responsibility, usually on a voluntary basis, to work with the student intern.
The site supervisor is expected to:
- Provide a professional work experience for the intern
- Provide the intern with a job description and establish goals for the internship experience, in concert with the intern and faculty supervisor
- Develop learning objectives, with the student intern and faculty supervisor, to be carried out at the internship site that fulfill the goals of the internship
- Meet with the intern on a regular basis to provide feedback on the quality of work
- Keep the intern informed, in writing, of any safety hazards and/or confidentiality and legal requirements
- Keep the faculty supervisor informed of the intern’s progress
- Immediately convey any concerns about the intern’s performance to the faculty supervisor and the Coordinator of Career Services and Internships
- Complete the required evaluations of the intern by the stated deadlines
Note: It is the College’s policy that family members (parents or other relatives) are prohibited from serving as the intern’s site supervisor.