Welcome back to the University of Lynchburg! To make your transition back to Lynchburg as smooth as possible, there are seven steps you will need to complete.
To return to the University, you will need to submit a Return from Medical Leave form. Please contact Andrew Devening at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the form. Once you have submitted the completed form with a doctor’s signature, you may then follow steps two through seven.
All Other Returning Students
Notify Edith L. Simms at email@example.com or 434.544.8574 if you are returning from your leave of absences by Dec. 15 if you plan to return in the Spring semester or by July 1st if you plan to return in the Fall semester.
Before you meet with your advisor:
- If you have a transfer credit evaluation, review it and have it with you. You should receive this from the registrar’s office.
- Become familiar with the academic catalog and the course requirements for the major(s) in which you are interested.
- Come prepared with any questions you may have regarding your major, career interests, and internships.
In addition to helping you plan your schedule, your advisor can:
- Help you create a long-term plan for graduation
- Tell you about major-specific clubs, organizations, and other opportunities
- Advise you about opportunities for internships, research, or study abroad programs
- Help you explore post-graduate education and career opportunities
Please call the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 434.544.8320 to discuss your housing as soon as possible!
Regularly check your University email account for more information about dates for check-in and about your return to the University.
Edith L. Simms, PhD
Director of the Learning Resource Center