If interested in requesting use of the Daura Gallery, please read the information below thoroughly and contact 434.544.8595 to set up a reservation. A University of Lynchburg Calendar Room Request must also be made in order to reserve the gallery.
- The Daura Gallery should be used primarily for Gallery-related exhibitions, programming and special events, and should relate to or benefit from the Gallery’s mission and/or its exhibitions. The Daura Gallery and the Dillard Lobby Gallery may also be used for College-related functions, as approved according to the following criteria. Requests by non-College related organizations or individuals will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Daura Gallery is a high-security facility with restricted access. As such, a member of the Daura Gallery staff must be present during all functions. The director of the Daura Gallery reserves the right to refuse any usage of the Gallery on weekdays before 9 a.m. and/or after 4 p.m. or on weekends if a member of the staff is not available to be present at the function.
- The Daura Gallery reserves the right to refuse any usage on weekends. Exceptions to be considered are Parents & Family Weekend, Homecoming, and Westover Alumni Weekend.
- A $25 per hour fee for service and staffing will apply for any event before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Requests for use of the Daura Gallery should be made a minimum of two weeks in advance of the function. No last-minute requests can be honored.
- Requests for use of the Daura Gallery or the Dillard Lobby Gallery must be cleared by the director of the Daura Gallery (ext. 8343) prior to making reservations with the College calendar coordinator. Reservations will be made through the College calendar coordinator, and must be on the College calendar to be honored.
- The Daura Gallery is not available for functions during exhibition transitions; these times may not appear on the College calendar.
- The director of the Daura Gallery may refuse and/or restrict any usage of the Gallery, based on current exhibitions and installations in progress.
- The director of the Daura Gallery may refuse to schedule any group with a past record of problematic behavior.
- The Daura Gallery has first priority for use, and in the case of multiple requests, the Daura Gallery will be given preference.
- Workshops, meetings and other events are limited to 75 people in the Gallery at one time, unless otherwise approved.
- A $25 set-up fee applies to all requests for seating/tables and audiovisual equipment (computer, projector, slide projector, microphone) made with the Daura Gallery.
- Requests for other equipment can be made through reservations made with the calendar coordinator. The College’s media services department will coordinate set-ups in advance with the Daura Gallery.
- The user group is responsible for proper use of any equipment and for damage to any equipment.
- If the event is cancelled or postponed, both the Daura Gallery and the calendar coordinator will be notified in advance. A $50 service fee will be charged if the Daura Gallery is not notified of cancellations at least one day in advance.
- For College-related functions, the faculty or staff, or faculty/staff advisor for any student group should be present, and is responsible for adhering to all conditions of this policy, and for the condition of the galleries at the conclusion of the event.
- A $100 service fee ($95.69 + $4.31 sales tax) will be charged to any non-College related group. This service fee may be waived at the discretion of the director of the Daura Gallery or at the request of the College administration, based on the purpose of the event and/or non-profit status of the organization. Non-profit organizations must submit a tax-exempt form. Non-College groups are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance prior to the scheduled event.
- For non-College related functions, the organizing/requesting official of the organization should be present, and is responsible for adhering to all conditions of this policy, and for the condition of the galleries at the conclusion of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty or staff, or faculty/staff advisor for any student group, or official of the non-College user group to remain in the Gallery at all times during the function. Under no circumstances will the Daura Gallery be left unattended.
- All events should conclude no later than 9 p.m., including time needed for clean up, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Works of art, display pedestals, or other exhibition materials will not be touched, moved, or otherwise handled. Furniture will not be moved without prior arrangements; if furniture is moved, it must be returned to its original position.
- Light levels are adjusted for the safety and security of works of art on exhibition. Higher light levels must be requested in advance, with approval based on the current exhibition. No overhead fluorescent lights will be turned on without approval.
- Live floral or plant arrangements are not allowed in the Daura Gallery. Dried or silk floral or plant arrangements must be substituted upon request.
- Restrictions on food service may apply, based on current exhibitions.
- Location of food service tables must be approved by the director of the Gallery.
- Steam-producing cooking vessels and open flames (i.e., candles) are not allowed, with the exception of chafing dishes. Coffee is to be served in pump-pots.
- Display pedestals or other exhibition materials may not be used for food service or for the display of floral arrangements.
Any user group that does not fulfill these responsibilities will not be approved for future use of the Daura Gallery.
- It is the responsibility of the user group to maintain appropriate behavior and assume control of their participants.
- If food is to be served, all catering must be arranged through the College’s Dining Services department (ext. 8248). The user group is responsible for all arrangements and costs associated with food service, including costs of security staff for events serving alcohol and open to students and/or the public.
- All left-over food and trash must be removed from the galleries immediately at the conclusion of the event, and any spilled or crushed food cleaned up. The user group will make arrangements with Dining Services or take this responsibility and clean up themselves. Under no circumstances should this be left for the Daura Gallery staff.
- The Gallery’s kitchen is available for food service preparation. All food must be properly stored or removed at the conclusion of the events, and the counters cleaned, and any large spills on the floor cleaned as best as possible. The user group will make arrangements with Dining Services or take this responsibility.
- Should any damage occur to either works of art or the Daura Gallery or the Dillard Lobby Gallery due to negligence, the user group shall be responsible for costs associated with cleaning or repairs to the Gallery, or conservation treatment of the works of art.