Sponsored by the Beard Center on Aging, AARP Virginia, and Senior News Magazine
Schewel Hall, Lynchburg College
March 6, 2018
8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Experts from AARP, law enforcement, Adult Protective Services, Virginia Attorney General’s Office, and the Alzheimer’s Association will be on site to share information and answer questions.
- Exhibitor opportunities are available!
- Featuring free document shredding courtesy of AARP Virginia, 8 – 11 a.m., Schewel Circle (2 box limit per person)
- Tips for preventing, recognizing, and responding to scams and financial exploitation
- Common scams directed at older adults
- Strategies for effectively working with older adults who are victims of financial exploitation and scams (for professionals only)
Registration and Payment
- Adults 65 years and older, and college students: $10
- Consortium on Aging members: $25
- General Admission: $35
A limited number of scholarships are available. Space is limited, so register early. Deadline for registration: March 2.
A limited number of exhibitor opportunities is available. If interested, contact Denise Scruggs.
For more information and to register, contact Denise Scruggs at 434.544.8456 or .