Lynchburg College is seeking a dynamic faculty member for a full-time (12 month) position to begin July 2018. Preference will be given to candidates that possess expertise in neuromuscular physical therapy. The position may be clinical or tenure track depending upon clinical experience and educational qualifications. Applicants with an established research agenda and extramural funding and applicants with ABPTS Specialty Certification are encouraged to apply. Clinical practice is promoted and opportunities exist within the onsite free clinic. Program information may be found at: https://www.lynchburg.edu/graduate/doctor-of-physical-therapy/. The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is housed in Lynchburg College’s Graduate Health Sciences Building with more than 37,000 square feet dedicated to physical therapy instruction and research. The DPT curriculum features an innovative hybrid model of instruction and prepares physical therapists to become leaders in their personal and professional lives.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia (Virginia licensure is expected within 1 year of employment)
- A minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed physical therapist
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- DPT degree or earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent)
- Candidates with a DPT degree as the highest earned academic degree should possess an ABPTS Specialist Certification
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty
- Teaching experience in a physical therapist academic program
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
- Extramural funding
- Earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or other discipline. Candidates nearing completion of terminal academic degree will be considered
Lynchburg College offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package, relocation reimbursement, a promotion and/or tenure system that is compatible with the clinician/teacher model, a partnership for the DPT program with a regional healthcare system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and an opportunity for faculty members to maintain clinical practice skills. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience and academic qualifications. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Lynchburg College encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds. Lynchburg College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation), marital status, disability, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, sexual identity, or religion in its programs and activities, including admission to and employment at Lynchburg College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to: Dr. Stephen Elam, Chair, Physical Therapy Search Committee, Lynchburg College, School of Graduate Health Sciences, 300 Monticello Ave.; Suite A, Lynchburg, VA 24501, .