- When: Monday, Aug. 15 – Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022
- Where: All of University of Lynchburg
- Cost: No cost! Completely free!
- Requirements: Attend one SOAR session
- Deadline to register: July 11, 2022
What is STP?
STP or Summer Transition Program is an early arrival program that helps first-year students become more acclimated to University of Lynchburg’s campus. While doing so, students meet faculty, staff, and upperclass students; learn about the different resources available; and learn how to be successful during their time at University of Lynchburg.
This opportunity is open to all incoming first-year students from different backgrounds, including, but not limited to:
- Rural, suburban, and inner-city areas
- First-generation college students
- Minority students
Please note that because this program is open to all incoming first-year students, space is limited.
STP students have a track record of becoming campus and community leaders. They also tend to be more likely to succeed in their academic endeavors.
- Hone students’ academic competence in a collegiate setting
- Guide participants to develop social networks
- Establish a welcoming environment that promotes diversity and inclusiveness and is free of bias
- Introduce students to resources that can help ensure their success