The mission of the Collaborative and Holistic Academic Mentoring Peer Success (CHAMPS) program is to provide opportunities to University of Lynchburg first-generation, students of color, and Pell Eligible students to have access to the knowledge and experience of successful peer mentors to promote their collegiate success.
As a first year student it can be hard navigating through campus and finding the resources you may need to be successful. Having a CHAMPS Mentor will meet that and many more needs.
Goals of the Program:
- Provide help with transitioning from high school to a university environment.
- Strengthen students’ time management skills.
- Impart tips on how to balance school, work, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Give first year students the opportunity to learn from the first-hand experiences of a CHAMPS Mentor.
- Understand how to utilize the campus resources and services.
- Increase networking opportunities on and off campus.
- Build lifetime relationships with CHAMPS Mentor and other mentees.
- Be a phenomenal HORNET!!!
CHAMPS is for YOU!
If you’re interested, fill out the I Am A Lynchburg CHAMPS form. We have a limited amount of spots available, so act quick!
For additional information, please contact The Office of Equity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.