University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Virginia – Knight-Capron Library seeks an experienced and motivated Electronic Resources Librarian to manage electronic resources throughout their life cycle, manage and maintain discovery services and ERM systems, provide oversight and daily operation of the institutional repository, participate in liaison duties, and provide user-centered service to the academic community. This position will be available June 1, 2019.
- Manages electronic resources from procurement to access and renewal/cancellation
- Maintains discovery service (Primo) and associated ERM
- Administers, markets, and promotes the institutional repository (Digital Commons)
- Oversees library website (Springshare)
- Leads usage and resource data collection projects to support collection decisions, budgeting allocations, and annual reporting requirements
- Serves as a liaison to School of Sciences by providing instruction and collaborative collection management
- Engages and remains current on emerging trends, practices, and standards in electronic resource management, access and discovery, usage statistics, and data management to support and enhance library services
Required: An ALA-accredited Masters degree in Library/Information Science, 3 or more years of relevant academic library experience, strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in the academic community. Growth mindset and a commitment to an inclusive and diverse population and educational work environment.
Preferred: Experience supporting the electronic resource life cycle activities in an academic library, ability to troubleshoot technical issues and communicate with vendor technical support, project management experience, understanding of the relationship between electronic resources management and coordination needed with other library units, experience with a variety of platforms, applications, hardware, software, and programming.
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University. To apply, submit a cover letter with resume and contact information for three professional references via e-mail to . EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.