The University of Lynchburg has an opening for the position of Career and Internship Counselor. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12-month position, with competitive benefits. This position will assist the Executive Director of Career Development in the administration of the Career and Professionalism Center’s programs and services with respect to the delivery of a comprehensive career development program and provide leadership in the coordination of the Internship program.
Other duties include:
- Assist with the formulation of goals, objectives and activities for the development and implementation of programs designed for the purpose of student self-assessment, career exploration, workplace readiness, major selection and career development services.
- Assist in expanding the use of technology and developing best practices in the organization of internship and career resources, particularly with marketing and Social Media of all programs, services, and events.
- Works directly with students individually or in small groups to assist them in career exploration, major selection, internship planning, workplace readiness, and related career advising needs.
- Assist the Director of Employer Relations to build collaborative relationships with programs and/or individual faculty across campus to develop credit-bearing internship opportunities as appropriate for students across all programs.
- Works with others to serve as a liaison for the Internship program and the Career & Professionalism Center with faculty, staff, parents and the greater Lynchburg area community.
- Teaches Career Development courses and workshops.
The selected candidate must have the ability to perform public speaking and presentations;
although entry-level, experience working with student groups is preferred; workshop, training experience, or teaching experience; the ability to form professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and employers; the ability to use Microsoft 365 and Google applications; experience in using social media including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; experience with marketing is preferred; a master’s degree in Counseling, Higher Education, or related field is preferred. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a University employment application form (https://www.lynchburg.edu/about/jobs/), along with names and contact information of three professional references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, fax: 434.544.8658 or email: . EOE.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.