Department of PA Medicine: Doctor of Medical Science
University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Virginia. The PA Medicine program in the School of Graduate Health Sciences at University of Lynchburg invites applications for a full-time (12 month) assistant/associate professor, clinical or tenure-track position, beginning January 2018. This position will work directly with the Director of Doctoral Education for the innovative and visionary doctorate education for certified and licensed PAs wishing to advance their academic credentials with emphasis in leadership and advanced clinical medicine. The candidate selected for this position will engage in teaching, scholarship, and service activities consistent with the requirements of the School of Graduate Health Sciences, collaborate with local community agencies and healthcare providers, and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, and national levels.
- NCCPA certified PA or Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician
- Virginia PA/MD /DO license or eligible for licensure
- Minimum of a doctoral degree in health related field.
- Greater than 3 years of clinical experience
- Consideration may be given to non-clinicians who possess a minimum of a doctoral degree and have extensive experience in health education and medicine.
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School required
- Experience with developing/working managing online curriculum
- Experience in communities with multi-cultural and multi-lingual students and healthcare providers
- Teaching, scholarship, and service interests in diverse communities
- Strong commitment to underserved populations and improving healthcare access
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, and a current vita to:
Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, DHSc, PA-C, DFAAPA
Associate Dean, Program Chair and Director
University of Lynchburg
Department of PA Medicine
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501