The University of Lynchburg is seeking a dynamic faculty member for a full-time (12 month) position to begin Spring 2019. The position may be clinical or tenure track depending upon clinical experience and educational qualifications. Applicants with an established research agenda and extramural funding and applicants with ABPTS Specialty Certification are encouraged to apply. Clinical practice is promoted and opportunities exist within the onsite free clinic. Program information may be found at: http://www.lynchburg.edu/graduate/doctor-of-physical-therapy/.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia (Virginia licensure is expected within 1 year of employment)
- A minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed physical therapist
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- DPT degree or earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent)
- Candidates with a DPT degree as the highest earned academic degree should possess an ABPTS Specialist Certification
- Work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty
- Teaching experience in a physical therapist academic program
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
- Extramural funding
- Earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or related discipline. Candidates nearing completion of terminal academic degree will be considered.
The University of Lynchburg offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package, relocation reimbursement, a promotion and/or tenure system that is compatible with the clinician/teacher model, a partnership with a regional healthcare system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and an opportunity for faculty members to maintain clinical practice skills. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience and academic qualifications. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to: Penny Elam, PT, DPT, Board Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialist, Chair, Physical Therapy Search Committee, University of Lynchburg, School of Physical Therapy, 300 Monticello Ave.; Suite A, Lynchburg, VA 24501 or email to . EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Lynchburg College strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.