University of Lynchburg appreciates all student employees. Once a year, we recognize an outstanding student employee of the year. This award honors the chosen student for their contribution to the University and the community over the past year.
For the 2018-2019 academic year, we had 18 total nominees who were recognized as top student employees on campus.
Ultimately, Samantha Topping was chosen as Student Employee of the Year. Samantha was employed within our theatre department as the Box Office Manager.
Nominate a Student
If you are a supervisor and would like to nominate your student employee, please submit a Student Employee of the Year Nomination Form.
Past Student Employees of the Year
- 2017-2018: Sarah Brumback, Dining Services
- 2016-2017: Maria Murillo, Dining Services
- 2015-2016: Diamond Thomas, Dining Services
- 2014-2015: Dustin Haase, Dining Services
- 2013-2014: Kenneth “Wayne” Garrett, College Communications & Marketing
- 2012-2013: Lateisha Gwaltney, Physical Plant
- 2011-2012: Tarah Rahner, Dining Services
- 2010-2011: Carrington Woods, Business Office
- 2009-2010: Mary Adams, Business Office
- 2008-2009: Taylor Coursey, Enrollment
- 2007-2008: James Wright, Alumni Relations