Knight-Capron Library at the University of Lynchburg invites applications for a Systems and Technical Services Librarian to become a proactive and collaborative member of the library team. The successful candidate will maintain the library management system (ExLibris ALMA) and peripheral software, oversee collection development and technical processing of library resources, and share in the provision of instruction, reference, and research services to the campus community with responsibility as a subject liaison to assigned academic departments.
- Administration of Library Management Systems (ALMA) and related software products
- Oversight of technical services functions and staff (1 FTE and 1 PT student worker)
- Original cataloging, troubleshooting catalog and database problems, database maintenance
- Assess and align library collections to meet the needs of the University’s growing graduate programs, new undergraduate curriculum, and faculty research.
- Provide support, documentation, and training to librarians and staff working with component parts of library systems
- Coordinate and collaborate with library staff, campus constituencies, and vendors regarding configuration and operational support for resource management functions and systems
- Support library initiatives through statistical and analytical reporting
- Maintain an inclusive, student-centered learning environment
Required: ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library/Information Science, related experience in an academic library (systems, technical services, database maintenance); successful completion of Alma Certified Administrator training or a commitment to successful completion within 6 months; practical knowledge of metadata schema, cataloging standards, tools for bibliographic access and control, LC Subject Headings and classification; strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; knowledge of and interest in best practices as they relate to systems and collections; and dedication to problem solving with a growth mindset.
Preferred: Demonstrated experience in maintaining cloud-based library systems; practical knowledge of Springshare products, Tipasa, learning management systems; and supervisory experience.
Application review for this full-time, 12-month, faculty status and rank position begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a University employment application form (https://www.lynchburg.edu/about/jobs/), along with names and contact information of three professional references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, FAX: (434) 544-8658 or E-mail: . EOE
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.