The University of Lynchburg has an immediate opening for the full-time position of Prospect Development Analyst in the Office of Advancement. This position is responsible for:
- Conducting research to discover new funding opportunities for the institution
- Responding to requests from fundraisers and alumni relations staff to identify and organize appropriate prospects for visits, events, volunteer activities, etc.
- Working with advancement staff to develop and implement strategies for prospect management.
- Assisting the Gift Officers with prospecting techniques and making recommendations on prospective and existing prospects to keep with an active donor pipeline.
- Prioritizing and coordinating research requests to produce donor profiles for review.
- Serving as an expert-level user of Blackbaud’s ResearchPoint software system.
The suitable candidate must be able to meet deadlines, balance multiple projects, be detail-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written skills, and good mathematical skills. Prior database or fundraising software experience is preferred (specific to Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, or other research software). The successful candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
To apply, please submit a University application along with a résumé, cover letter, and 3 business references, addressed to ATTN: Human Resources, University of Lynchburg, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501. FAX: 434.544.8658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.