The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia is seeking a full-time production cook to join our dining team. This position assists in daily food production and service, provides nutritious, quality food for the student dining program and catered events, and ensures the highest level of sanitation that meets the requirements stipulated by the VA Department of Health Services.
Specific job duties:
- Assists in daily food production and service, following established guidelines
- Provides nutritious, quality food for the student dining program and catered events
- Prepares attractive entrees, side dishes, and some bakery items for various food bars
- Prepares all related food for special catered functions
- Ensures the highest level of sanitation in kitchen and production to meet the requirements stipulated by the VA Department of Health Services
The production cook reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the co-director of dining services. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the co-director of dining services. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
- Full-time, benefits eligible
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition remission
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Long term disability
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Some weekends required
- Summer work may be available in other areas
- Foodservice experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, or carrying may be required
- Work may involve lifting or otherwise moving materials weighing approximately 25 pounds, using proper equipment and techniques.
- Frequent exposure to various cleaning chemicals, smoke, spices, and odors will occur
- High school or equivalent (required)
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.