The University of Lynchburg seeks a full-time Marketing Specialist for the Office of University Communications and Marketing. Ideally, the successful candidate will have one to three years of experience in marketing and/or communications, be data driven, and will have demonstrated performance in lead generation, messaging within a brand, and the use of research-based analysis of market developments.
Responsibilities include: coordinating and developing digital assets (display, search, social media ads, landing pages, etc.), executing marketing strategies for graduate and undergraduate students, and analyzing, reporting, and making recommendations based on data.
Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and track marketing programs, such as email, social media, and digital campaigns (Google, social, streaming, out of home).
- Develop and create digital marketing assets, such as display and social ads and landing pages, and ensure brand guidelines are met.
- Write and edit creative ad content for use across different mediums.
- Collaborate with internal departments (e.g. graduate studies, admissions, and advancement) to implement and monitor strategic marketing initiatives.
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns.
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president of marketing and directors in University Communications and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Knowledge of various marketing (Google Ads, Facebook, etc.) and analytics tools (Google Analytics), CRM systems, and content management systems.
- Experience creating effective landing pages on WordPress page builders.
- One to three years of experience in marketing, writing, or communications (higher education experience a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project-management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and metrics and make campaign adjustment recommendations.
- Some graphic design and video production experience a plus.
Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
To apply, please submit a University employment application or résumé, along with names and contact information of three business references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, or email: email@example.com. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.