The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, invites applications for a full-time, exempt Marketing Coordinator position for the College of Medical Science.
The College of Medical Science (COMS) Marketing Coordinator is responsible for establishing, executing, and evaluating all marketing and promotional strategies and campaigns for the college. As the college grows, the responsibilities of this position may grow as well. This position is part of a dynamic team that will also assist in other areas. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Medical Science and is supervised directly by the Associate Program Directors and Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
Specific Marketing Job Duties for the College of Medical Science:
- Conduct research to analyze competitive landscape, market trends and customer behavior and preparing reports by collecting, summarizing and analyzing data. Focus will be on Search activity (Google SEO optimization), social media ads (eg, LinkedIN), and social media posting.
- Establish and evaluate a marketing strategy and plan by analyzing and assembling prospective student leads, updating calendars and organizing and planning promotional presentations.
- Communicate campaign deliverables, objectives, and timelines to their team while providing instructions for promotion or use.
- Plan and manage digital and print media campaigns, conferences, events and meetings by identifying, coordinating and assembling requirements, developing assignments and schedules, coordinating mailing lists and establishing contacts. This includes digital content creation, basic digital design, interdepartmental coordination, and digital/print media execution.
- Develop and implement tagging and measurement strategies for website and paid media, using Google Analytics, DoubleClick, and Adobe Analytics; and build reports for analysis and optimization.
- Maintain an inventory and directory of digital and print media support materials making sure all resources are accurate and current while coordinating new material creation as needed.
- Continually seek and research new sources of prospective students while providing recommendations to marketing and sales leadership.
- Collaborate with the University’s marketing team to execute on strategy. Includes establishing, activating and identifying use cases.
- Lead executional process for web analytics and URL management.
- Manage senior leadership requests and set expectations with professionalism, balancing workload with agency to effectively deliver on goals.
- Provide strategic POV’s to senior management on media & technology offerings related to digital and print media and ads to ensure all elements are aligned with holistic strategy.
- Reviews, coordinates, and documents all budget expenditures relating to marketing and reports them as required by the University.
Specific Administrative Job Duties for the College of Medical Science:
- Coordinates with the admissions coordinator for the College in regards to the following duties:
- Helping with admissions phone calls.
- Helping with admissions records in the university CRMs (Slate and CASPA).
- Initiating contact, interacting, and counseling applicants of the DMSc and PA Programs.
- Serves as the main point of contact for program alumni. This includes writing messages that go out on a regular schedule and coordinating with the alumni chair.
- In collaboration with the Program Directors, Associate Program Directors, and Alumni Chairs creates and sends the Alumni Newsletters.
- College committee assignments; for example, Admissions Committee.
- Initiates, answers, or forwards telephone calls and emails to the appropriate person in the program in a timely manner.
- Attends program meetings.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of orientation and student events.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information in compliance with FERPA standards.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the College Dean, Program Directors, and senior leadership.
Starting Salary: $45,000 annually
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evening and weekends to meet needs of department may be required.
Physical Demands: Prolonged periods standing or sitting at a desk.
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible professional marketing and/or digital media management experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Preferred skills in digital design, Google ads and SEO analytics, social media and social ad posting, HTML and/or WordPress, and other digital media and marketing skills. Skills in computer knowledge or word processing applications, internet and intranet use, spreadsheets, database management, communication media utilized for marketing and advertising.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills. Must be a self-starter, have ability to handle multiple priorities, and have a close attention to detail and accuracy. This position requires flexibility, creative problem-solving ability, and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will be courteous, people-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Education: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business communication, marketing, or digital media. Advanced degrees and experience in related fields are preferred.
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Attn: Enrollment Coordinator – College of Medical Science
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
References will be checked prior to employment. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.