The University of Lynchburg and the Center for Global Education invites applications for a full-time International Student and Study Abroad Advisor to begin immediately. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the Center for Global Education and will advise and support undergraduate and graduate international, study abroad, and domestic study students, faculty, and staff. The individual will serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) and assist in the development and implementation of global initiatives.
Responsible duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize SEVIS data processing under federal guidelines
- Assist in the preparation of immigration documents
- Advise international students, and monitor all records
- Meet with international students on a regular basis to assure that the student experience is positive educationally and culturally
- Develop an international student program consisting of activities, programs, workshops, and mentoring.
- Coordinate all special programs and serve as an advocate for international students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist the Director with study abroad and domestic study away. This will include, but is not limited to: advising, preparing documents, approving credits, attending open houses and recruitment events, preparing reports, providing help with the webpage, maintain a data base, and preparing progress reports.
Qualifications: An earned bachelor’s degree in education, student affairs, counseling, or a related field required, master’s degree preferred. The individual must meet qualifications for appointment as a DSO or ARO. Experience as a PDSO/DSO and ARO/RO is preferred. Considerable knowledge of current immigration rules and regulations is required. Previous academic advising experience is desired as is previous experience with international and study abroad students.
The University of Lynchburg is especially interested in candidates who, through their work and service, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Selected candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, a current vita, transcripts, and three letters of reference to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, Virginia 24501-3199 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.